Saturday, January 07, 2006

I'm sick, too.




First, check this out. These are, bar none, the best Web comics out there, and the darkest humor I've ever seen. Read them all. You'll love 'em.

Blearg. I'm in much the same state as Chris, but the doctor eschewed antibiotics, and put me on a big ol' 10mg dose of Prednisone.

That's right, Prednisone. I've got the laundry list of side effects, too, and it's kind of interesting.

1) My face is puffy. I now know what I'll look like 25-30 pounds hence.

2) I've got an appetite like a madman. See 1), above.

3) I'm hopped up beyond belief. I've been on this cleaning binge. I don't clean.

4) Sleep? What's that?

5) For those of you who are faint of heart, stop reading right now, and skip to 6).

I said right now.

Every morning I'm waking up and blasting about a pound of thick, ugly snot out of my nose. It's like mud. I've had a lot of respiratory problems and sinusitis for years and years and years, and it's never been anything like this. I guess it's a good thing to get it out, right?

6) I'm hot. Now I'm cold. Now I'm sweating.

But I feel much, much better. Really. Apparently, this is how a very highly-motivated Jake would act.

That's scary to me. I used to be highly-motivated. Now that I've been reminded of what that's like, it's time to kick it into high gear again.

Even when the Prednisone prescription runs out.

No comments: