Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The Icon... on the road

At 6 a.m., before any of you are up I'm sure (if there are "any of you") I will be four people deep in a two door coup on my way to Valdosta via the backroads of south Georgia.

I won't be at work, true enough, but I'll be headed for a newspaper writing conference, and I am dreading every moment of it.

Back in the day, I would have loved this sort of thing. Going to a conference meant cutting information sessions to get drunk or hit strip clubs or wander the city in a rented limo and watching people trying to get laid.

This time, though, things are different. I'm not traveling with friends and I think attending a session drunk is a big no-no when in the professional world.

So if anyone is reading this, say a little prayer, sacrifice whatever you want to your god of choice and pray that I don't murder anyone.

Pray very, very hard.

1 comment:

D said...

I was up then, Good Sir. I was up at like 5:15 and still drunk from a quick binger on the couch last night. Turns out that this monring was not the morning I needed to be up that early. That sucked. A lot.

D